We are recruiting for a CAD Rail Designer to join our Stairlifts Team based in Andover, working within a team of designers who design bespoke stair lift rails, from surveys obtained by sales advisers and distributors. The role offers the ability to work from home after an initial training period, although attendance within the office will be required on an adhoc basis.
Stannah is a British family owned company, who provide elevators, escalators and moving walkways and manufacture stairlifts and platform lifts. The family is now in their fifth generation and play a hands-on role in running the business, ensuring the family ethos and values are maintained.
The position is to design of bespoke Stairlifts from drawings provided from surveys.
You will be required to provide production drawings to tight deadlines for rail fabrication of curved Stairlifts across three different sites. This role requires a high level of concentration, communication, speed, accuracy and problem-solving skills to take a customer order from survey to manufacture and installation.
Ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate effectively working within tight time constraints and experience of 3D CAD systems; ideally, in SolidWorks, some experience of AutoCAD is desirable. Consideration will also be given, to individuals who have recently qualified from further education.
The role offers a 37hr working week, and can be a mixture of early and late shifts:
Early: 5:30 – 13:30 Monday to Thursday and 5:30 – 13:00 on a Friday
Late: 13:30 p.m. to 23:00 Monday to Thursday this includes 15% shift allowance
- Correctly interpret customer surveys, documents and drawings
- Accurately convert digital and manual surveys into 3D staircases
- Identify missing/conflicting information with customer surveys and/or documents
- Initiate approval process, supplying customer and order entry with completed drawings and appropriate communication.
- Ensuring compliance of all curved stair lift in terms of product, manufacturing and regulatory limitations
- Interpret customer requirements and resolve all queries to ensure timely completion
- Indentify improvements in digital surveys and drawings
- Ensuring customers, distributors and visitors have the appropriate level of understanding of rail design
- Supporting development of the team by sharing knowledge and skills
- No formal qualifications required, with previous work experience
- Relevant further education qualification (BTEC/City and Guides level 2), without previous work experience
We are a company who are pioneers of forward thinking, we never forget that vital to our success is the amazing people who work for us and the commitment we have to our customers. We have carefully selected following benefits, which complement our employees’ lifestyles
- 25 days holiday + the option to purchase another 5 days + additional long service holiday
- Company Benefits Discount/ Rewards Scheme- including cinema discounts, annual free flu jab, discounted hotel and theme park stays and discounts off many high street shops.
- Quarterly Bonus (based on company profits)
- Contributory Pension (upto 8%)
- Health Cash Plan covering routine treatment and prescriptions
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Onsite Canteen
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.