We are recruiting for a warehouse operative to support our Stairlift Installations team in Sheffield.
Reporting to the installation manager the role is to carry out the preparation and refurbishment of Stairlift products including warehouse duties and stock control.
Ideal candidates will have warehouse experience, hold a forklift license and have a methodical approach to problem solving; able to identify and implement best practice in all areas of operations.
The role requires the individual to make effective use of a tablet, therefore basic computer skills would be desirable.
Stannah is a British family owned company, who provide elevators, escalators and moving walkways and manufacture stairlifts and platform lifts.
The family is now in their fifth generation and play a hands-on role in running the business, ensuring the family ethos and values are maintained.
Our salaries, benefits packages and supportive working environments attract the best people who strive to offer quality and dedication within their work.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Achieve the highest standards of health, safety and environmental performance
- Fully engage in continuous improvement activities
- Demonstrate appropriate commercial awareness and understanding
- Achieve our required levels of productivity
- Consistently demonstrate a performance style which supports our company values
- Develop and maintain an appropriate level of technical knowledge and appropriate understanding
- Test and examination upon refurbishment of all lifts in compliance with CE directives.
- Take responsibility for checking lift specification ready for despatching
- Perform inventory control of stock, keeping quality standards high for auditing purposes.
- Receive and process warehouse stock (picking / loading / unloading / labelling / stock control)
- Operate and maintain the warehouse forklift truck.
- Report any accidents or near misses as appropriate.
- Keep a clean and safe working environment and optimise space utilisation.
We are a company who are pioneers of forward thinking, we never forget that vital to our success is the amazing people who work for us and the commitment we have to our customers.
We have carefully selected following benefits which complement our employees lifestyles
Warehouse Operative Benefits Include
- 25 days holiday + the option to purchase another 5 days + additional long service holiday
- Company Benefits Discount/ Rewards Scheme- including cinema discounts, annual free flu jab, discounted hotel and theme park stays and discounts off many high street shops.
- Quarterly Bonus (based on company profits)
- Contributory Pension
- Health Cash Plan covering routine treatment and prescriptions
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Employee Assistance Programme
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.co.uk.