Website Ability Center
- INDUSTRY TRAINING WILL BE PROVIDED**
Ability Center is a leading sales and service provider of conversion vehicles and mobility equipment in the mobility industry and currently has an opening for a Service Technician in our Tucson store. The Service Technician inspects, diagnoses, repairs and maintains mobility equipment and conversion vehicles that include a ramp or lift suitable for wheelchair use to performance specifications that ensure customer convenience and safety.
- Accurate and efficient diagnosis of conversion vehicle service- or repair-related issue based on customer’s description of the problem.
- Determine best course of action to repair or resolve the problem and meet customer’s needs.
- Complete quality repairs, installations and upkeep of converted vehicles at an advanced level of expertise.
- Document repairs performed on each vehicle from diagnosis to service.
- Maintain a comprehensive conversion-vehicle knowledge base and stay current with frequent changes and advancements to better service the vehicles.
We Will Provide You With Training For Providing Mobility Solutions Like
You will learn how to adapt vehicles for the disabled driver and passenger.
- Hand controls
- Scooter and Wheelchair Lifts
- Mobility Conversions Service and Repairs
- Installing Securement Systems
- A Variety of Adaptive Driving Solutions
Knowledge And Skill Requirements
- Must have valid Driver’s License.
- Must be insurable with company’s insurance carrier.
- Ability to interact compassionately with clients.
- Willingness to learn the mobility industry and the different needs of clientele.
- Ability to work in a changing environment in which the work to be performed may vary daily.
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn, the specifics of converted vehicles/mobility equipment and an understanding of their functions.
- Electrical and/or automotive wiring experience
- Ability to adapt to changing technology and repair techniques.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal forms.
- Ability to solve problems with patience and persistence.
- Detail oriented with superb analytical skills a plus.
- Experience in an automotive environment.
- The service technician will be working indoors in a well-vented and well-lighted repair shop.
- Occasional noise due to the use of power and machine tools.
- Frequent work with dirty and/or greasy parts and in awkward positions.
- Frequently move heavy parts/machinery up to 30 pounds.
- Electronic diagnostic equipment
- Power tools
- Machine tools
- Welding equipment
- Hand tools.
- Digital manuals
- Reference materials
Successful candidate must provide own basic set of tools and multimeter.
Education And Experience
Minimum two years of basic automotive experience. Mobility industry experience a huge plus. New technicians/installers will go through 2-week onboard training (online and onsite format). Ongoing industry training is provided.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives, like to interact with clients, and can work closely with individuals with mobility challenges, this job is for you. We offer a competitive hourly rate and employer-shared premium Medical benefits as well as, Dental, Vision, and 401(k) plans with company match, paid vacation and paid sick leave. Additional benefits include paid holidays with most evenings and weekends off (occasional on-call duties may apply). The pay range for this position is $15-17 per hour with opportunities for advancement.
To be considered for the position, submit your resume.
Ability Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Seniority Level Entry level
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.