Website Handicare Canada
Handicare is a vertically integrated provider of equipment and services used to move and handle mobility challenged individuals in a safe and dignified manner. We manufacture a broad line of high-quality products including fixed stairlifts, ceiling lifts, portable ceiling lifts, floor lifts, slings, and other ancillary patients handling products, and provide related sales, installation, training and maintenance services through a combination of direct sales, regional sales and service centers, and independent dealers.
Handicare’s mission is to “Make Everyday Life Easier” and improve the quality of life of the mobility challenged and their caregivers.
Presently, we are seeking a Service Coordinator.
OVERVIEW: The Technical Service Coordinator will be primarily involved with providing telephonic support, regarding the service, repair and preventative maintenance of Handicare products throughout British Columbia In addition, this role will assist & train the dealers on the installation and troubleshooting of products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Organizes, distributes and verifies the work of others and participates in their training.
· Establishes priorities. Allocates physical and human resources. Acts as a resource person for customer service.
· Ensures prompt response and efficient use of departmental resources. Determines whether inquiries are of a technical nature and refers these to the appropriate technician.
· Orders parts and maintains an inventory based on demand and after consultation with technicians and supervisor(s).
· Coordinates and tracks the purchase of parts. Arranges for the return of defective equipment and ensures that proper credits are received.
· Maintains computerized information systems and participates in their development to improve efficiency within the department. Uses inventory management and other software.
· Arranges for the maintenance and repair of customer-owned equipment. Organizes necessary paperwork for technicians.
· Contacts appropriate customers to provide estimates of repair costs. Takes payment information.
· Schedules annual preventative maintenance inspections in consultation with the supervisor.
· Arranges technician travel accommodations, paperwork, and inventory of spare parts.
· Liaises with suppliers regarding replacement part availability, pricing and delivery dates.
· Rectifies any problems with suppliers.
· Assists end-users in the operation of purchased equipment.
· Provides non-clinical equipment troubleshooting.
· Troubleshoot technical issue on the phone with technicians and clients
· Performs administrative duties appropriate to the activities of the service department.
· Picks parts for Service Technicians
· Coordinates repairs for all lifts that come in house.
· Post-secondary certification in Electronics Technician (common core), or related experience preferred
· Proficient using Microsoft Office suite, internet, and email applications.
· Ability to interpret technical manuals, shop drawings, and exploded diagrams
· Self-motivated, proactive, and able to multi-task with multiple work orders and deadlines
· Ability to work under pressure, modify and implement schedules on short notice
· Able to assume responsibility and communicate effectively and professionally with customers orally and in writing
· Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently with minimal direction in a dynamic environment
· Must possess a valid class 5 BC Driver’s License.
· Must be able to clear a criminal record check.
· Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
· Proven field service experience
· Able to read and interpret written information
· Able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
· Is consistently at work and on time.
· Follows instructions, responds to management direction
· Takes responsibility for own actions
· Observes safety and security procedures
· Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines
· Incorporates a process improvement mentality
· Reports potentially unsafe conditions
· Uses equipment and materials properly
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & TRAINING:
· High School Diploma or general education degree (GED); and 3 to 5 years of related experience and or training; preferably in building construction, mechanical, electrical and plumbing methods.
· Proficiency in Windows applications, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required. Proficiency in ERP software, preferably in Microsoft Dynamics (AX12).
· This position may travel up to 10% of the time
If you are interested in this position and have the qualifications required, please submit your resume and cover letter.
Handicare is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. For individuals with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request. Should you require accommodation, please contact human resources.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Secondary School (Preferred)
To apply for this job please visit www.workopolis.com.