Website HME Mobility & Accessibility
About the job
HME Mobility & Accessibility (.hmebc) is a leading supplier of home & institutional care medical equipment and assistive devices such as wheelchairs, hospital beds and other mobility aids. Through our stairlift division (.hmestairlifts) we are a leading supplier and installer of stairlifts in the Lower Mainland.
We are currently seeking a Senior Technician to join our growing team for our Richmond facility. The Senior Technician supports HME’s sales and services through the troubleshooting and repair of HME and client-owned equipment. The Senior Technician will spend time in the facility repairing equipment, as well as time on the road installing, repairing, and delivering equipment.
Our ideal candidate is professional and committed to upholding the highest standards in customer service. We are looking for a candidate who has a history of success and wants to work for a growth-oriented company providing outstanding technical service. Compensation includes a competitive salary and we provide a friendly team-orientated environment.
Reporting to the Manager of Rehabilitation Services, this role will be responsible for:
- Troubleshooting, repairing, and setting up HME equipment within a client’s home and/or facility using HME procedures, when required. This equipment includes wheelchairs, hospital beds, lifts and pediatric equipment such as strollers and standers. Moderate lifting is required.
- Lifting weight of up to 100lb required in some cases.
- Operating any one of HME’s service fleet vehicles in a safe and courteous manner throughout the GVRD.
- Setting up and inspecting equipment in a manner that ensures the overall cleanliness, safety and quality of the equipment we are providing.
- Troubleshooting equipment, providing diagnosis recommendations for problem resolution, and repairing equipment in a timely manner.
- Communicating with clients and their families by phone when required to assist in troubleshooting equipment.
- Working with Seating and Mobility Consultants on equipment trials and demonstrations, in conjunction with a client and/or healthcare professionals.
- Adhering to HME’s Safety procedures to ensure a safe work environment.
- Constantly working to improve product and technical knowledge and continuously developing troubleshooting and repair skills.
- Working with the other technicians to repair complex medical equipment issues.
- Strong communication skills in fluent English (both verbal and written).
- Computer skills – must be comfortable with MS Office Suite.
- Have a technical background and an interest in repairing and troubleshooting mechanical and electrical systems.
- Must have a friendly, positive attitude and have the ability to have fun while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Moderate lifting capabilities.
- Valid BC driver’s license.
- Detail-oriented, organized and systems-oriented.
- Creative thinker and effective problem solver.
- Must be comfortable with conducting tasks with high degree of professionalism.
- Ability to learn and work independently as well as within a team.
- A desire to work with a growing company.
This is a rewarding position with the opportunity for advancement within our growing company. Please note only candidates chosen for interview will be contacted.
About HME Mobility & Accessibility
HME began as a local medical equipment rental company, and during the past 25 years have grown to become one of the largest independent dealers of Mobility and Home Medical Equipment in the Lower Mainland.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.