Website Bruno Independent Living Aids
About the job
Bruno is looking to hire a person who will be the in house expert on CNC bending. This is a high profile position that requires a dynamic person to provide leadership to cross-functional team members while implementing new processes, and machinery to bring a key product to market.
- Provide in-house expertise on CNC free-form bending system utilized to create stairlift rails for Bruno’s premier product line.
- Set up the associated production cells for the rail forming line.
- Develop inspection processes utilizing modern metrology methods to maintain acceptable tolerance capability for products produced.
- Monitor the tube bending industry for best in class solutions to launch a global product line.
- Provide in-depth manufacturing analysis for product and process systems.
- Develop new processes around the rail forming line that will take the product from the development phases into production.
- Analyze process flow of existing and proposed in-house processes. Work with in-house and outside groups to improve productivity and quality.
- Perform tests to verify manufacturing process or equipment including machine capability and reliability studies.
- Design, develop and produce fixtures, tools, gages, etc. as required to support development and production.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering and 5 – 7 years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in process control and troubleshooting (in a medium production volume shop).
- Proficient in 3D engineering software.
- Experience with tube bending and/or metal forming preferred.
- Knowledge of metal manufacturing techniques, processes, and equipment related to machining, forming, and welding. Particularly, a strong knowledge of aluminum forming and bending is preferred.
- Knowledge of 3D CAD, CAM and their integration with production. Knowledge of SolidWorks and G-code programming is preferred.
- Knowledge of measurement systems such as Romer or Faro and their use for production inspection and pre-production part qualification. Demonstrated knowledge of software, such as Polyworks, used to do production qualification is preferred.
- Knowledge of the principles of lean manufacturing, such as DMAIC, PDCA, 6Sigma, SPC, data analysis tools (SQL, Excel, Minitab) etc.
Skills And Abilities
- Read, analyze, and interpret a variety of information, such as technical procedures, business correspondence, and governmental regulations furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Create business-level written correspondence and verbally present information to internal and external customers.
- Requires job related software skills; CAD, CAM, MS Office, as well as ERP and the ability to operate a variety of standard office equipment.
- Strong DOE and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to apply value stream mapping, Lean Manufacturing principles, and statically process control.
- Demonstrated ability to work for, and provide leadership to other people to help build a World Class business.
- Person should possess strong communication skills that exhibit a professional, respectful and open demeanor for this highly collaborative culture.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Regular office environment, approximately 50%.
- Modern production and Assembly facilities with heat and air conditioning approximately 45%.
- Occasional international travel.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle or touch; and talk and hear.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, squat and ambulate to evaluate product and fixtures.
- The employee is required to lift up to 30 pounds, regularly; up to 50 pounds, occasionally.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.