Website Stannah Group
About the job
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Quality Engineer to join our Stairlifts Division, working alongside our Purchasing team and supplier base, to ensure that the quality of our products meet the requirements defined in our product specifications.
We are looking for individuals who hold qualifications within either quality or engineering, and have a strong background in manufacturing; with an understanding of mouldings, castings, machining, fabrication, assembly and basic electronics, with proficiency in quality tools.
Ideal candidates will possess strong interpersonal skills, able to interact across all levels of the organisation; capable of interpreting and reporting data and presenting their findings. The role will involve liaising effectively and auditing suppliers to drive continuous improvement, improving compliance and reducing cost.
Whilst the role is predominantly office based in Andover the role will require occasional site attendance which will include travel and overnight stays, therefore a driving license and a valid passport are also essential for this role.
- Act as a point of contact for supplier quality issues
- Assist the QC/QA functions with supplier returns of non-conforming product/parts
- Create corrective action plans to address process failures using an 8D methodology
- Conduct supplier visits and audits in the UK and abroad
- Monitor supplier performance with a view to improving supplier quality
- Work closely with internal teams
- Investigate quality issues
- Provide concise and accurate documentation
Skills And Experience
- Qualifications in quality and/or engineering are essential
- Proficient in quality tools such as: 8D, 5Y, SPC, APQP, PPAP, FMEA, etc
- Previous auditing experience/qualifications
- A level, a degree in a suitable discipline
- Six Sigma Green Belt
We are a company who are pioneers of forward thinking, we never forget that vital to our success is the amazing people who work for us and the commitment we have to our customers. We have carefully selected following benefits which complement our employees lifestyles
- 25 days holiday + the option to purchase another 5 days + additional long service holiday
- Company Benefits Discount/ Rewards Scheme
- Quarterly Bonus (Based on company profits)
- Contributory Pension (8%)
- Health Cash Plan
- Free onsite parking
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Subsidised Canteen
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.