Website Stannah Group
About the job
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Quality Engineer to join our Stairlifts Division, working alongside our Purchasing team and supplier base, to ensure that the quality of our products meet the requirements defined in our product specifications and QMS.
We are looking for individuals who hold qualifications within either quality or engineering, and have a strong background in manufacturing; with an understanding of mouldings, castings, machining, fabrication, assembly and basic electronics, with proficiency in quality tools.
Ideal candidates will possess strong interpersonal skills, and will be able to interact across all levels of the organisation; capable of interpreting and reporting data and presenting their findings. The role will involve liaising effectively and auditing suppliers to drive continuous improvement, improving product compliance and reducing cost.
Working hours are 8:00 – 16:45 Monday to Thursday with a 13:00 finish on a Friday. Whilst the role is predominantly office based in Andover the role will require occasional site attendance which will include travel and overnight stays, therefore a driving license and a valid passport are also essential for this role.
- Act as a point of contact for supplier quality issues.
- Assist the QC/QA functions with supplier returns of non-conforming product/parts.
- Create corrective action plans to address process failures using an 8D methodology.
- Conduct supplier visits and audits in the UK and abroad.
- Monitor supplier performance with a view to improving supplier quality.
- Work closely with Purchasing, Technical Support, Engineering, and Manufacturing to investigate and resolve known purchased part or product quality issues.
- Investigate quality issues, in order to drive improvements and ensure preventative/corrective actions are implemented effectively.
- Participate in the Change Process from a quality perspective.
- Work closely with the Engineering function in relation to New Product Introduction (NPI) process, existing product investigation and testing in the Engineering Test Centre (ETC).
- Write, edit and issue quality documentation.
- Ensure our documentation and records complies with our quality system.
- Provide concise, complete and accurate documentation of inspection results.
- Conduct internal processes such as internal audits, non-conformances & Critical Issue 8D’s and manage them through to conclusion.
- Educated to at least A level, a degree in a suitable discipline would be advantageous
- Professional or technical qualifications in quality, engineering or a related technical subject would be desirable
- Six Sigma Green Belt or higher would be of benefit
We are a company who are pioneers of forward thinking, we never forget that vital to our success is the amazing people who work for us and the commitment we have to our customers. We have carefully selected following benefits which complement our employees lifestyles
- 25 days holiday + the option to purchase another 5 days + additional long service holiday after qualifying period
- Company Benefits Discount/ Rewards Scheme- including cinema discounts, annual free flu jab, discounted hotel and theme park stays and discounts off many high street shops.
- Quarterly Bonus (Based on company profits)
- Contributory Pension (8%)
- Health Cash Plan covering routine treatment and prescriptions
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Subsidised Canteen
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.