We are recruiting for a Purchasing Coordinator to join our Stairlifts Division, based at our Head Office in Andover. The role is to support our Supplier Account Managers with the daily management of their suppliers, and to support to internal customers with quality, cost and delivery.
Ideal candidates will have previous experience within a purchasing or customer service position, ideally within a busy manufacturing environment. The position requires a proactive approach to problem solving. Ideal candidates will self-motivated and comfortable in making decisions, able to communicate effectively and build relationships with internal and external customers.
Excellent training and development opportunities are offered with this position, to support the right candidate to thrive within this dynamic environment.
Stannah is a British family owned company, who provide elevators, escalators and moving walkways and manufacture stairlifts and platform lifts. The family is now in their fifth generation and play a hands-on role in running the business, ensuring the family ethos and values are maintained.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure on time, in-full deliveries and resolve problems.
- Fully support manufacturing in achievement of production targets.
- Supporting the Supplier Account Manager
- Deliver cost savings through negotiation with suppliers
- Work with Product Development and suppliers to deliver cost reduction
- Timely implementation of purchase orders.
- Manage up to 5 low risk suppliers
- Control approx. £1 million spend per annum
- Act as a point of contact between suppliers and internal customers
- Actively engages and supports’ continuous improvement activities
- Support the implementation of contractual agreements with suppliers
- Build relationships with existing suppliers and identify new suppliers
- Reconcile invoices and credit notes
- Support internal customers with product changes
- Collating financial accounts
- Ensuring the smooth introduction of change to current products.
- Develop a working knowledge of the technologies, processes and materials.
- Deliver cost savings through negotiation with suppliers.
- CIPS Level 4 or happy to work towards, supported by Stannah
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook
We are a company who are pioneers of forward thinking, we never forget that vital to our success is the amazing people who work for us and the commitment we have to our customers. We have carefully selected following benefits which complement our employees’ lifestyles
- 25 days holiday + the option to purchase another 5 days + additional long service holiday
- Company Benefits Discount/ Rewards Scheme- including cinema discounts, annual free flu jab, discounted hotel and theme park stays and discounts off many high street shops.
- Quarterly Bonus (based on company profits)
- Contributory Pension (8% matched)
- Health Cash Plan covering routine treatment and prescriptions
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Onsite subsidised restaurant
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.