Website Acorn Stairlifts
The World’s largest manufacturer and supplier of stairlifts
We are currently looking for a Picking PIC Operativeto join our Steeton Factory.
We are looking for somebody with experience of working with a warehouse and picking stock
- Type of contract: Full Time, Permanent
- Salary: £8.85 Per Hour
- Working days: Monday to Friday 6am – 2.30pm
- Holiday entitlement: 28 days per year (including bank holidays)
The role consists of:
- Stock control and verification (shortages)
- Ensure APLX is updated appropriately when we do manual stock movements
- Assist with maintenance of Stock levels and to ensure products meets our criteria (shortages, overstocks, barcodes, correct product at right location, etc)
- Assist team leader with stock maintenance and coordination (includes feedback/communication/monitoring re picked parts, discrepancies)
- Submit feedback/report to supervisor with regards to stock related issues
- Be able to multitask and work under pressure as and when required
- Appropriate communication and feedback within department, other departments and management
- Problem solving and Decision making – while solving stock issues
- Assisting supervisors with other task as and when required
Must be able to display the Acorn Values
- Qualityof the products we make and sell and the service we provide
- UnityWorking together as one team
- IntegrityActing responsibly and honestly to deliver on our promises
- CaringAbout our customers, each other and the wider community
- AmbitionTaking Pride in all we do and striving to improve
About Acorn Starilifts:
- Employing over 1,800 people worldwide
- Acorn is the world’s largest independent manufacturer and supplier of straight stairlifts, with sales in over 75 countries and offices on 4 continents
- Acorn continually achieves the Investors in People award and continues to invest in its most valuable resource: its people
Why work at Acorn Stairlifts?
- Investors in People award
- Induction and training programme
- Healthcare and pension provisions
- You at work employee discounts
- We run a monthly incentive scheme to recognize employees that go over and above their job duties by rewarding them with a first prize of £100 vouchers and two runner ups of £50 vouchers each.
- We also have a Managers choice award, if selected you will receive £50
- Recommend a friend scheme: If you recommend a friend to Acorn and they are successful in their application and pass a probationary period, you will receive £100 in your salary (All Recommendation to come to Recruitment)Please, apply now if you want to be considered for this role. If you have not heard from us within the next 2 weeks, please assume that you have been unsuccessful in this instance but feel free to visit our website to apply for any other roles within Acorn Stairlfits.
- We would like to speak to every applicant however, due to the high number of CV’s we receive we are only able to respond to those applicants whose profile fully matches our Line Managers requirements.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £8.85 per hour
- Company pension
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Wellness programmes
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Warehousing/Picking Stock: 2 years (Preferred)
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.co.uk.