Website Stannah Group
About the job
We are recruiting for a Supplier Account Manager to join our Andover based Team. Stannah is a British Family owned Company, who provide elevators, escalators and moving walkways and manufacture stairlifts and platform lifts. The family is now in their sixth generation and play a hands-on role in running the business, ensuring the family ethos and values are maintained.
You will manage 2-3 commodity areas, and up to 8 critical suppliers, delivering cost savings and value through skilled negotiation; being the initial point of contact between suppliers and internal customers.
We are seeking an individual who enjoys the challenges of working in a fast-paced environment and are able to influence people’s behaviours in a positive way. You will be responsible for procuring a wide range of supplies, equipment, materials and services in a service oriented and professional manner; consistent with cost containment goals and continuous quality improvements.
- Effectively draft, negotiate and implement contractual agreements with material and capital equipment suppliers, to achieve lowest overall acquisition cost for the business.
- Act as the focal person for contact between relevant suppliers and internal customers.
- Contract management.
- Lead, evaluate and negotiate tender/Request for Quotation (RFQ) process for new and existing suppliers/parts.
- Evaluate supplier’s financial information and manage the findings of the financial evaluation/risk assessment constructively.
- Spend analytics and pipeline development.
- Communicates all significant matters up the management chain.
- Leads ‘Make-v- Buy’ process, working with manufacturing and distribution to present proposals and implement where appropriate.
- Present business case proposals to key stakeholders.
- Manage and evaluate risk effectively with suppliers.
- Leads research and benchmarking activities for the commodity area.
- Understand and convey the impact of the commodity market on our product and processes.
- Investigate other commodity markets and reviews the impacts on products and processes (market intelligence).
- Responsible for the accuracy of MRP status data (lead-time, batch size, payment terms, unit costs, etc.), relating to relevant suppliers and purchased parts.
- MCIPS or ACIPS (Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply) desirable not essential.
- Must be willing to study towards ACIPS qualification.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.