Role and Responsibilities
Responsible for the Mechanical and Electrical Maintenance of all key equipment, facilities and assets
This role has day to day responsibilities for the delivery of the total Productive Maintenance Plan (TPM Plan) – through their own “hands on” mechanical or electrical work to maintain key assets and facilities or through the use of external parties and service contracts where specific expertise/certifications are needed.
· Where required to outsource the maintenance work – or where work is done by external parties as part of a sub-contracted service contract they will manage the external parties schedule of works and the permit to work process for the external parties’ activities.
· The role will maintain the asset list with all associated equipment disposals, changes, new equipment additions and upgrades.
· The role will also create and maintain the TPM standardized procedures and delivery plans for each of the key assets.
· Records of all the maintenance activities internally and externally resourced and costs will also be maintained in accordance with company processes and policies in the BMS.
· KPIs on the uptime productivity and quality gains of the maintenance activities in return for the maintenance spend will also be maintained.
· The role will also advise on the purchase, storage and management of the critical spares lists and purchases to ensure that long breakdown periods due to availability of critical spares are avoided.
· The role and data they collect will then inform and help shape the annual budgeting for maintenance
· If a breakdown occurs on key equipment assets or important facilities for the work force, then they will have a speedy turn around on the issue to resume service as soon as possible.
· They will also conduct root cause analysis and advise preventative corrective action or service process and internal dates to avoid unplanned downtime for the issue.
· They will at times need to support the CI team in area layouts which may have service drop or bench requirements requiring some hands-on work on electrical or mechanical set ups (when not pursuing the mtce plan)
· The role will be encouraged to input their equipment uptime and capability observations, ideas and inputs into Quality and CI improvement activities.
· The role will also cover the general day to day maintenance of all units & facilities.
· As we are growing facility the role will need to also get involved in supporting expansion activities and services increases to enable additional capacity to be added to the business.
· The role will work with the CI Manager to manage, optimize and reduce the maintenance costs at the same time as maximizing equipment up times.
· Proven hands on Mechanical and Electrical experience in a maintenance role
· Experience in manufacturing sector
· Implemented and sustained TPM processes and tools, maintenance plan, asset lists
· Lean aware or trained would be ideal
· Experienced in managing suppliers and maintenance projects on site through project plans, permits to work
· Experience of safe working practices, LOTO, permit to work planning and control
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Electrical Qualification and Certification
Engineering Qualification would be ideal
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000.00-£30,000.00 per year
- Company Pension
- Life Insurance
- Wellness Programmes
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.co.uk.