Website HME Mobility & Accessibility
HME Mobility & Accessibility (.hmebc) is a leading supplier of home & institutional care medical equipment and assistive devices such as wheelchairs, hospital beds, and other mobility aids. Through our stairlift division (.hmestairlifts) we are a leading supplier and installer of stairlifts in the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island (Diamond Bruno Dealer).
We are currently seeking a Junior Installation Technician to join our growing Lower Mainland team. The installation technician supports HME’s sales and services through the installation and servicing of stairlifts, ceiling lifts, VPLs, ramps, and other accessibility equipment. The technician will spend the majority of the time working in client’s homes installing and repairing stairlifts, VPLs and other accessibility products. No experience is required however we are seeking candidates who are comfortable with tools. HME will train the right candidate.
Our ideal candidate is professional and committed to upholding the highest standards in customer service. We are looking for a candidate who has a history of success and wants to work for a growth-oriented company providing outstanding technical service. Compensation includes a competitive salary and we provide a friendly team-orientated environment.
- Delivering, setting up, and installing HME stairlifts, ceiling lifts, VPLs, ramps, and other accessibility products in client homes.
- Lifting weight of up to 100lb required in some cases.
- Operating any one of HME’s service fleet vehicles in a safe and courteous manner throughout the GVRD.
- Assisting in general warehouse duties such as organizing, stacking inventory, moving equipment, general stock picking as needed.
- Setting up and inspecting equipment in a manner that ensures the overall cleanliness, safety, and quality of the equipment we are providing.
- Communicating with clients and their families by phone when required to assist in troubleshooting equipment.
- Adhering to HME’s Safety procedures to ensure a safe work environment.
- Constantly working to improve product and technical knowledge and continuously developing troubleshooting and repair skills.
- Strong communication skills in fluent English (both verbal and written).
- Computer skills – must be comfortable with MS Office Suite.
- Have a technical background and an interest in repairing and troubleshooting mechanical and electrical systems.
- Must have a friendly, positive attitude and have the ability to have fun while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Moderate lifting capabilities.
- Valid BC driver’s license.
- Detail-oriented, organized and systems-oriented.
- Creative thinker and effective problem solver.
- Must be comfortable with conducting tasks with a high degree of professionalism.
- Ability to learn and work independently as well as within a team.
- A desire to work with a growing company.
This is a rewarding position with the opportunity for advancement within our growing company. Please note only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
About HME Mobility & Accessibility
HME began as a local medical equipment rental company, and during the past 25 years have grown to become one of the largest independent dealers of Mobility and Home Medical Equipment in the Lower Mainland.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.