Website HME Mobility & Accessibility
About the job
About The Job
HME Mobility & Accessibility ( is a leading supplier of home & institutional care medical equipment and assistive devices such as wheelchairs, hospital beds and other mobility aids. Through our stairlift division ( ) we are a leading supplier and installer of stairlifts in the Lower Mainland.
We are currently seeking a junior field technician to join our growing team for our Richmond facility. The junior technician supports HME’s sales and services through the delivery, pickup, and troubleshooting and repair of HME and client-owned equipment.
The junior technician ensures the successful and timely setup, delivery, pickup and troubleshooting and repair of equipment for both HME and the clients we serve. This role will also require the organizing, stacking, and maintenance of the warehouse. This is an entry-level position HME can train the individual on the equipment.
Reporting to the Richmond General Manager, this role will be responsible for :
- Delivering, setting up, and installing HME equipment within a client’s home and/or facility using HME procedures, when required. This equipment includes wheelchairs, hospital beds, lifts and pediatric equipment such as strollers and standers. Moderate lifting is required.
- Lifting weight of up to 100lb required in some cases.
- Operating any one of HME’s service fleet vehicles in a safe and courteous manner throughout the GVRD.
- Assisting in general warehouse duties such as organizing, stacking inventory, moving equipment, general stock picking.
- Setting up and inspecting equipment in a manner that ensures the overall cleanliness, safety and quality of the equipment we are providing.
- Communicating with clients and their families by phone when scheduling pickups and deliveries of equipment
- Adhering to HME’s Safety procedures to ensure a safe work environment.
- Constantly working to improve product and technical knowledge and continuously developing troubleshooting and repair skills.
- Assisting the warehouse manager in the organization of the warehouse where required.
- Working with the other Technicians to repair complex medical equipment issues.
- Strong communication skills in fluent English (both verbal and written).
- Computer skills – must be comfortable with MS Office Suite.
- Have a technical background is an asset
- Must have a friendly, positive attitude and have the ability to have fun while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Moderate lifting capabilities.
- Valid BC driver’s license.
- Detail-oriented, organized and systems-oriented.
- Creative thinker and effective problem solver.
- Must be comfortable with conducting tasks with a high degree of professionalism.
- Ability to learn and work independently as well as within a team.
- A desire to work with a growing company.
This is a rewarding position with an opportunity for advancement within our growing company. Please note only candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.
About HME Mobility & Accessibility
HME began as a local medical equipment rental company, and during the past 25 years has grown to become one of the largest independent dealers of Mobility and Home Medical Equipment in the Lower Mainland.
About HME Mobility & Accessibility
HME began as a local medical equipment rental company, and during the past 25 years have grown to become one of the largest independent dealers of Mobility and Home Medical Equipment in the Lower Mainland.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.