Website Handicare Canada
Presently, we are seeking an INSTALLATION TECHNICIAN. The Installation Technician will be involved with the installation, service and preventative maintenance of Handicare products throughout Alberta.
Main responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Assist in the installation of Handicare products. This includes but is not limited to ceiling track lifting systems, bathing systems, floor lifts, stairlifts, etc.
- Construction sites consist of hospitals, long term care facilities as well as private residences.
- Install ceiling track lift systems and other products per Handicare standards.
- Perform on-site audits to ensure compliance with company standards.
- Keep accurate project records for expenses, various required testing, training, etc.
- Interact directly with owners and staff at hospitals, long-term care facilities, private residences, group homes, etc.
- Perform service repairs and scheduled preventative maintenance as required.
- Maintain the company service and installation vehicle in good operating condition and cleanliness.
- Travel to out of town job sites as directed by supervisor, travel required up to 50% of the time.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Able to read and interpret written information
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Works efficiently
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to work well under pressure
- Reliable and on time
- Works overtime when necessary
- Able to meet deadlines
- Observes safety standards
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & TRAINING
- High School diploma would be an asset
- 3 to 5 years of related experience and or training; preferably in building construction, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing methods.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook would be an asset.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES OR REGISTRATIONS
- Must have valid driver’s license, and clean drivers abstract
- WHIMIS, Fall Arrest, Working at Heights Training
- Clean criminal record
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Daily travel up to 50% of the time is required.
Handicare offers a competitive remuneration package, company paid benefits, and an employee assistance program.
If you are interested in this position and have the qualifications required, please submit your resume and cover letter.
Handicare is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. For individuals with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request. Should you require accommodation, please contact human resources.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
To apply for this job please visit www.workopolis.com.