Website Handicare Group
About the job
FIELD SALES ENGINEER
LEAD – FIELD SALES ENGINEER
OVERVIEW: The Field Sales Engineer (FSE) will primarily be involved in providing field technical and installation training to dealers for Handicare Stairlift and Patient Handling products. These interactions will be performed at specified dealer locations, client homes and Handicare Regional Sales Offices throughout the assigned region. When not engaged in this training activity, FSE’s will also be tasked with developing and conducting e-learning sessions for dealers on topics that can be effectively delivered via this medium. Finally, they will offer telephonic support, regarding the service, repair and preventative maintenance of Handicare products throughout the U.S. – supporting Dealers, Handicare’s Technical Service Team and Handicare’s Home Accessibility Sales group.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Field based technical and installation training (60%)
- Provide dealer support through on-site service
- Provide on site support of Handicare institution customers
- Provide telephonic support to dealers and Handicare staff
- Conduct dealer training sessions as Handicare Regional Sales Offices
- Provide webinars and online support for dealers
- Training of internal associates on use of product and problem resolution
- Support sales in on-boarding new dealers, specifically with Technical matters related to products (Partners Portal) and the PhotoSurvey system
- Assist and provide problem solving solutions to dealers over the phone
- Record call transactions and problem histories (CRM)
- Follow up and make scheduled call backs to clients
- Interact with clients to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns, products and services
- Support all product lines – ceiling lifts, floor lifts, stair lifts, Photosurvey, etc.
- Provide assistance for first time installs for dealers
- Work with R&D to contribute to internal knowledge of product issues and possible long-term fixes
- Additional responsibilities as requested or required by management
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Knowledge of Handicare and the Stair lift and/or Patient Handling products
- Proven field service experience
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to orally present material to large groups
- Read blueprints and architectural drawings
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair and service technical and/or electrical equipment
- Maintain and manage company assets in a responsible manner
- Determines appropriate action required and solid problem-solving skills
- Ability to work flexible hours and to adapt to changing working schedules as required
- Able to read and interpret written information
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Is consistently at work and on time
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction
- Takes responsibility for own actions
- Observes safety and security procedures
- Incorporates a process improvement mentality
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions
- Uses equipment and materials properly
- Ability to handle clients professionally during all interfaces
- Good analytical skills to provide swift diagnoses of problems
- Must excel in a fast-paced, agile environment where critical thinking and strong problem-solving skills are required for success
- Ability to function in a self-directed environment
- Innovative thinker who is positive, proactive, and readily embraces change
- Ability to read and comprehend instruction, correspondence and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Can effectively present information in one on one, small group and large group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
Education, Experience & Training
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED); and 3 to 5 years of related experience and or training; preferably in building construction, mechanical, and/or electrical methods.
Certificates, Licenses Or Registrations
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License. Acceptable driving record.
- Proficiency in Windows applications, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is required. Proficiency in ERP software, preferably in Microsoft Dynamics (AX12).
- The employee may frequently stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel or crouch during shift. Employee will be required to regularly use hands to finger, handle, feel and reach with hands and arms. Employee must be able to regularly lift, push, pull and or move up to 50 lbs.
- This position may work in an environment with loud noise levels. This position may frequently work near moving parts, be exposed to vibration and be exposed to airborne particles & dust.
- This position may travel up to 75% of the time
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Critical features of this job are described under various headings above. They may change at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other reasons. The above statements are strictly intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not be construed as a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills requires of employees in this position. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Print Name: _____________________________________ Date: ___________________________
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.