Website Veritas IT
Role: Engineer Surveyor – Lift discipline
Location: Field Based – Andover
Salary: £33k – £35k base (dependent on experience) plus £4,000 location allowance + car/car allowance (£3,400) and excellent benefits package
Put Your Skills To The Test
Tired of working on the tools? Put your experience and qualifications to better use with a prestigious and rewarding inspection role within a global-leading organisation.
You could be working with some of the world’s most recognisable brands, helping to ensure compliance, improve safety and boost performance by inspecting lift equipment to the latest standards.
All backed by a competitive salary, excellent benefits package and structured development programme from an award-winning employer.
To carry out high quality inspections ensuring various passenger lifts (escalators, elevators and stairlifts) is compliant with current regulatory and statutory requirements (BS EN81-1). You will operate within agreed authorities, inspection and H&S standards with a clear customer focus and drive to achieve optimal service delivery. You will be working in a busy and varied client facing environment and will be expected to be customer focused and professional at all times.
TECHNICAL AND CUSTOMER EXCELLENCE
Client Responsibilities Include
- To carry out high quality, consistent and professional inspections, ensuring lifts and various associated equipment are compliant with current regulatory and statutory requirements
- To produce and deliver inspection reports using Bureau Veritas’s best in class tools for on-site reporting and immediate client access
- To keep abreast of changes in relevant standards and legislation, acting as an advisor to high-profile clients
- To deliver customer excellence, operating in the professional, friendly and authoritative manner expected of all client-facing Bureau Veritas surveyors
TAKE YOUR CAREER IN A NEW DIRECTION
Candidate Requirements Include
- Minimum NVQ3, HNC or equivalent lift or mechanical engineering qualification (or EITB/C&G J modules)
- Minimum three to five years’ relevant industry experience working with lifts, escalators, moving walkways, goods lift and stair lifts etc
- Current UK driving licence
Personal Attributes Required
- Proven technical knowledge of lifts and associated equipment
- Excellent customer service manner, with strong listening and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build lasting relationships with clients
LEADERS IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION
Only Bureau Veritas Can Offer
- Structured development programmes, from apprentice to chartered engineer, to help you fulfil your potential, including face to face and e-learning programmes
- The opportunity to deliver excellence for high profile clients, including some of the world’s most recognised brands
- A long list of awards recognition including Top Employer four years in a row and continued success in the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards
- Comprehensive financial package including competitive salary and allowances, defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, various insurances including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require the successful pass of a CRB/credit check or attained relevant security clearances.
Bureau Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business. Each employee or prospective employee of the Group must know and apply our Code of Ethics. Please visit the ‘About Us’ section of the website to view our Code of Ethics.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.