Website DME Elevators and Lifts
A leading elevator and accessibility company is seeking a full time Elevator/Lift Mechanic Trainee to join our fast-paced, growing business. DME Elevators & Lifts has over 40 years of experience in residential elevators, commercial LULA elevators, wheelchair lifts, dumbwaiters and stairlifts. DME operates from three locations in Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin and with each customer, we strive for Excellence in Elevation!
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Assist to install or service elevators or lifts, using required (self-supplied) hand tools
- Moving and raising components using hoists, dollies or other provided equipment
- Updating daily work communications
- Maintain tools, vehicles, and equipment; keep parts and supplies in order
- Responsible for a clean and hazard free work area throughout the entire day
- Use and maintain safety equipment on job sites
- Other duties as business needs
Education, Skills & Qualifications include:
- Mechanically inclined
- Basic electrical knowledge
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record
- Computer and technology aptitude
- Must be able to climb, stoop, bend, kneel, crawl and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to +/- 150 lbs for short distances
- Comfortable working with heights to 5 stories and confined spaces
- Excellent attention to detail
- Prompt regular attendance
- Customer focused
- Team player
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
Hours are generally Monday – Friday 6am – 3pm. Occasional overtime and Saturdays may be required to meet business needs.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Benefits include medical and dental insurance, paid holidays, paid vacation, and 401k plan, including company match.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.