Website Stannah Group
We are recruiting for an Apprentice Quantity Surveyor to work within our Lifts Distribution Division supporting the sale and installation of new passenger, platform and goods lifts. The role is to monitor and control costs for contracts on various construction projects across the UK. Stannah is a British family owned company, who provide elevators, escalators and moving walkways and manufacture stairlifts and platform lifts.
We are looking for individuals who have excellent analytical and communication skills, able to build and develop relationships with a wide range of people across the business, evaluating ideas whilst referring to objective criteria. Ideal candidates will be results orientated, with a strong analytical mindset, able to plan and prioritise their own workload.
This position benefits from the apprentice working across the organisation within Lifts, Major Projects, Finance, Procurement and Credit Management to enable them to fully embed themselves within the Stannah ethos.
We will work with you to develop the skills, knowledge and behaviours that meet the Construction Quantity Surveying Technician (Level 4) that will allow progression, on completion, to a Junior Quantity Surveyor. The apprenticeship will be completed over within 36 months, and will involve a blended approach to learning.
- Develop the skills and knowledge to support, and ultimately conduct, a top-level commercial review of each project, highlighting specific rules in relation to key elements of the subcontract.
- Become part of the day-to-day project team on all project’s
- Develop a thorough understanding of the application rules that will allow you to take responsibility for raising such applications throughout the life of the project.
- Work with Credit Control to ensure payment of such applications is made by the contractor.
- Learn, and ensure robust application of the payment notice rules.
- Develop the knowledge to become responsible for raising and closing down all site originated variations.
- Develop the knowledge to become responsible for raising and closing down all site originated dayworks.
- Develop the knowledge of different contract types.
- Develop the skills and knowledge to effectively apply for all extension of time.
- Develop the knowledge, skills and relationships to prepare and serve appropriate notices.
- Develop the analytical and critical thinking skills to ensure the accurate submission and agreement of all final accounts.
- Develop the knowledge and skills to assist senior managers with the legal and contractual issues on construction projects.
- Carry out site visits in conjunction with the Installations Manager and Project Managers.
- 4 GCSE’s A* – D Science, Physics, Maths and English or equivalent required as part of entry criteria for Level 4 apprenticeship.
- Experience within a work-based environment (desirable)
- Full driving license
We are a company who are pioneers of forward thinking, we never forget that vital to our success is the amazing people who work for us and the commitment we have to our customers. We have carefully selected following benefits which complement our employees’ lifestyles
- 25 days holiday + the option to purchase another 5 days + additional long service holiday
- Company Benefits Discount/ Rewards Scheme- including cinema discounts, annual free flu jab, discounted hotel and theme park stays and discounts off many high street shops.
- Quarterly Bonus
- Contributory Pension
- Health Cash Plan covering routine treatment and prescriptions
- Free onsite parking
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Onsite subsidised canteen
- Cycle to work scheme
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.