Accessibility Equipment Installation and Service Technician
Are you looking to work with an awesome team that is changing the world? Are you looking to participate in a noble mission that is impacting the lives of others? If so, we have a career for you.
At Home Healthsmith, we believe freedom and peace of mind are some of the greatest gifts we can offer our customers. With more than 30 years of experience in the accessibility and mobility industry, we understand that the stress of living with a disability can be overwhelming. Home Healthsmith provides innovative in-home solutions that allow individuals to maintain their level of comfort and dignity without comprising their health and safety.
Accessibility Equipment Installation and Service Technician Job Purpose: Serves customers by installing, servicing, and repairing systems and products in residential and commercial settings. These products include elevators, stairlifts, dumbwaiters, vertical platform lifts, wheelchair ramps and grab bars.
Installation and Service Technician Job Duties:
- Determines level of service needed by studying system requirements; ordering and gathering components and parts; completing installation; performing acceptance tests.
- Maintain necessary date and records for current and future reference using sales tools provided such as High Rise, Base, T-Sheets and any others that are adopted by Home Healthsmith. Provide before and after pictures as requested for each installation.
- Maintains rapport with customers by responding to complaints; identifying solutions; suggesting improved methods and techniques; recommending system improvements. Always provides outstanding customer service.
- Keeps company equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Documents service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Maintains customer confidence by keeping service information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications and on-going training programs.
- Handles emergency night and weekend on-call schedule as needed and directed.
- Help in organization of shop; maintaining cleanliness, making sure all tools and equipment are put back daily.
- Participates in company trade shows and events as needed.
- Works safely and responsibly to avoid injuries, damage to property, loss of unused materials/equipment. Cleans up installation and service debris at clients home.
- Has use of company gas card, AAA card and company keys to building.
- Wear required Personal Protective Equipment provided by Home Healthsmith
- Basic finished & framing carpentry skills
- Dry wall skills
- High and low voltage electrical skills
- Control circuit knowledge
- Ability to install electrical conduit and wiring
- Basic Mechanical skills
- Ability to read technical drawings and manufacturer specifications
- A basic understanding of how different fastening systems work
- A broad knowledge of different types of tools and how to use them
- Ability to operate fleet vehicles in a safe manner always
- Ability to load and unload equipment – up to 75 lbs. unassisted from fleet vehicle
- Ability to climb ladder and scaffolding
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Have Basic computer skills
- You are eligible for 5 days of vacation annually after ninety (90) days which is accrued beginning on your date of hire.
- You will receive nine (9) paid holidays.
- You are eligible for the 401K Plan after ninety (90) days.
- You are eligible for Health Insurance of which HHS pays 50% towards the employee cost only. Dental is offered but covered 100% by the employee.
- Company logo work apparel provided. Annual 50% co-pay towards safety work boots
- Technology allowance after 90 days
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 – $21.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- On call
- On the road
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.