MemberMarch 15, 2019 at 1:19 pm
I would be very cautious as I donâ€™t think there is a full understanding here. It is clear from the battery spec provided that these are SLA batteries. Which are the little rubber things you refer to IE the gassing or venting valve to prevent spillage of the Acid electrolyte. The batteries were also originally classed as fire retardant. A basic understanding of Ohms Law (I=VxR) answers all questions. For example if your lift is pulling 1 amps (more likely 1.5 – 2 amps) per journey and each journey takes 1 minute (Journey is start of travel to top of the rail and back to the bottom) and batteries in your case are capable of delivering 7 amp in 1 hour then your lift should run for 60 minutes * 7 amps max = 420 mins which equates to 7 Hours use from that small little battery when new and fully charged. I have concerns over how the batteries are being charged & tested also no longer sealed so may spill acid or give off fumes for ignition if in a confined space so will not comment further on specs and design of charging circuits and their watchdog monitoring systems. I would advise your batteries will not recover and that disposal must be via controlled waste as they are now in a hazardous state owing to being opened up and no longer sealed.
The Stairlift Forum
Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.